Learning Journal Week 4

 I'm enjoying the course so far. In this course, I have learned the following:

  • The different types of databases and their uses
  • How to use MySQL using Workbench
  • How to use join statements to retrieve data from multiple tables
  • How to use views to reuse or control the use of select statements
  • How to design databases to reduce redundancy and inconsistencies

Some questions I still have:

  • I would like to know about key differences in designing databases with different concerns (size, security, enterprise vs consumer, etc).
  • I'm curious about any current trends in database implementations and how that's changing in real time.
  • I would like to know how databases handle other types of data, like images, video, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 4

Module 8

Module 3