Module 7

 Part One: Research Video Project Planning

For our video, each team member recorded their own voice files to add to the video. Personally, I used my Mac's built-in Voice Memo application to record both my parts the for casual and professional videos, and I used my Mac's built-in microphone since my earbuds had a lower quality mic. I uploaded both my voice files to our team Discord server. Luis volunteered to edit the videos, since he is more experienced with video editing software. He took all of our voice files and combined them to create both videos.

The process was pretty smooth, in large part due to Luis's initiative and prior video editing knowledge. Also, all other team members recorded their parts in a timely manner to avoid delays. The hardest part for myself was the actual recording process. It took quite a few takes to record my voice. I wouldn't say I would do anything differently. We got lucky in that Luis was already so good at editing videos. If that had not been the case, then the rest of us would have had to spend additional time learning how to use video editing software.


Part Two: Lecture readings

Part of this week's assignment was to pick a Ted presentation and review it. I watched a 2006 presentation on open-source learning, explaining the idea behind OpenStax, a platform providing free open-source textbooks for students. I thought it was an interesting presentation because a teacher for one of my math courses has used OpenStax as a free alternative to expensive math textbooks. I found the textbook to be high-quality and very thorough, and was always impressed by this idea. It was nice to learn about the motivations behind it.

https://www.ted.com/talks/richard_baraniuk_the_birth_of_the_open_source_learning_revolution

Also, I liked the ToastMasters link with ideas on visual aids and props. While some of the advice was meant for physical meetings, it also had good tips on the use of PowerPoint slides, diagrams, graphs, charts, and lists.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 4

Module 8

Module 3