Module 5

 OLI:

In this week's OLI modules, I learned how to deal with conflicts strategically based on the importance of the relationship to others people in the conflict, and based on the importance of the issue at the root of the conflict. I feel most people know what strategy fits the best in each case intrinsically, but are often clouded by emotion when they play a more active part in the conflict.


Part One: Comments on goals

Here are my two responses to others' career goals:


https://edwardscsjourney.blogspot.com/2024/01/week-4.html?sc=1707284123596#c9083625147195978098


https://lhernn.blogspot.com/2024/01/week-4-report.html?sc=1707284592516#c5205791559263303958



Part Two: Capstone

My three possible choices for a capstone project are:

  • An app that can scan barcodes and keep stock of items in a pantry
  • A chat video app tailored for workouts using VR
  • An internet-of-things app that makes coffee


Part Three: What I learned this week

I enjoyed this module because I got to learn about other classmates' career goals, and their thoughts on internships and graduate programs at this early stage. I feel I've been lucky to receive good advice from others in the past as it pertains to finding internships, and I'm glad I was able to pass on some of that on this week. We're in a very competitive environment, and it's hard to stand out without taking some very deliberate steps outside of classwork.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 4

Module 8

Module 3